Tuesday, November 15, 2016

Taka Update November 15, 2016

   Taka Update November 15, 2016
Fish and More
The last newsletter was September 29, I was busy for Instagram daily. My followers are growing and more than 430 people now. I need to get 600 people by the end of the year. This is my target. What I need to do? I have to make good dishes, attractive dishes, surprise dishes and funny dishes and more. I do my best.
Let’s talk about fish. Tuna supply is 50/50. I get big eye tuna sometimes, and I get yellow fin tuna sometimes. 
Uni supply is not bad. I get it from Maine, California and Japan. Japan means Russian uni actually. The price is high. And it was good in summer because of shortage. But I can get uni very constantly now and I don’t want to buy at high price.
Live scallop is finally coming back. It is autumn and early winter, scallop quality is really good now.
Japanese fish? Sawara, Spanish mackerel is in season. I buy this bi-weekly. I will start Ankimo, monkfish liver pate, very soon. Shirako, cod testicular season is also coming soon.
I started oyster in September. It sold well. I go with Japanese way. It is with light vinegar and pickles wasabi. I need to think of a new cook ways of oyster in winter.
Stone Crab season is also started. I just sold some last week. It was really good.
Kids menu is available now. This is not Buckhead anymore, yes we are in Sandy Springs. We carry kids friendly items. You can bring your little family before 7pm. I need to match Sandy Springs family needs.
Sandy Springs sales Tax is 7%, 1 % lower than City of Atlanta. You can save your money. And you get more volume than City of Atlanta. And the price is lower than City of Atlanta. This triple effect is good for customers.
Holiday is coming next week. We will close on 24th, Thanksgiving Day and Friday lunch on 25th, enjoy your family time and shopping. And please come to Taka if you are tired to eat turkey leftover. We are available Friday night and Saturday night.
Parking issue? Parking spot is really hard to find at weekend. Please go back to the restaurant. There are many spots just front of the apartment.

4600 Roswell Rd. Suite E110, Sandy Springs GA 30342  TEL404-851-1500
Website : takasushiatlanta.com  E-Mail sushiandpassion@gmail.com

Instagram : sushiandpassion   

No comments: