Monday, September 5, 2016

Taka Update September 05, 2016

   Taka Update September 05, 2016
Fish and More
I think this week is the slowest week of the year. Tuna supply is same as usual. I don’t expect good big eye tuna, just buy yellow fin.
I gave up Live scallop from Boston. The quality does not reach my standard level. Our supplier says it is because of high sea temperature. Nothing is good for sushi business! 
I carry oysters now. Those are coming from LA or FL. I just do it with Tosazu, light vinegar sauce with wasabi pickles and shiso leaf. We don’t need to do it with heavy sauce. It kills flavor.
Thinking about uni, sea urchin? Maine’s small uni season is just started. And Canadian uni is still available. Japanese uni is also available but the price is high.
My special salads are getting better. I do Burn fat diet salad, Breast cancer prevention salad, Power salad, Beautiful skin salad. And I just added Diabetes prevention salad.  So many people are struggling with diabetes and I want to fix it. I actually researched a lot of it and found some solution. Please let me know if you have problems. I am not a doctor but I can try with my food therapy way.
I was thinking Saturday lunch but postponed. I will try it in October.

Ginger, eat more ginger!
Ginger is a common ingredient in Asian and Indian cuisine. However, ginger has been used for its medicinal properties for centuries among many cultures.
Ginger has a long history of use for relieving digestive problems such as nausea, loss of appetite, motion sickness and pain.
Consuming fruits and vegetables of all kinds has long been associated with a reduced risk of many lifestyle-related health conditions.
Many studies have suggested that increasing consumption of plant foods like ginger decreases the risk of obesity, diabetes, heart disease and overall mortality while promoting a healthy complexion and hair, increased energy and overall lower weight.
During cold weather, drinking ginger tea is good way to keep warm. It is diaphoretic, which means that it promotes sweating, working to warm the body from within. As such, in the wake of a cold, ginger tea is particularly useful.
It is easy to make ginger tea. I do it with citrus honey. You can use yuzu juice and honey, ginger. It really works. I will try this for my diabetes customer.
Ginger provides a variety of vitamins and minerals: Carbohydrate - 17.77 g Dietary Fiber - 2 g Protein - 1.82 g Dietary Fiber - 2 g Sugars - 1.7 g Sodium - 13 mg Vitamin B6 - 0.16 mg Calcium - 16 mg Iron - 0.6 mg Vitamin C - 5 mg Potassium - 415 mg Magnesium - 43 mg Phosphorus - 34 mg Zinc - 0.34 mg Folate - 11 mcg Riboflavin - 0.034 mg Niacin - 0.75 mg Iron - 0.6 mg (Figures above are per 100g of ginger)
I take this article from Medical news today.


4600 Roswell Rd. Suite E110, Sandy Springs GA 30342  TEL404-851-1500
Website : takasushiatlanta.com  E-Mail sushiandpassion@gmail.com
Instagram : sushiandpassion  



No comments: