- Sea cucumbers are known for their anti-aging properties.
- The Chinese consider a sea cucumber to be a health panacea and hence, use it for treating kidney disorders, constipation and reproductive problems, including impotency.
- Sea cucumbers contain glucosamine and chondroitin that are helpful for treating arthritis.
- Sea cucumber is the most popular traditional remedy used by Malay women for treating injuries and wounds caused by episiotomy.
- Ointments prepared from sea cucumbers are used for treating back and joint pains by the Peninsular Malaysian communities.
- Sea cucumbers are considered as a general health tonic and benefit people with chronic joint pains, tendonitis, sprains, ligament stress and arthritis.
- They are commonly used for treating debility among elders, frequent urination and intestinal tract lining.
- Sea cucumbers are an instant energy booster.
- Sea cucumbers assist in nourishing the brain and heart, as they contain fatty acids, such as EPA (eicosapentaenoic acid) and DHA (docosahexaenoic acid), similar to fish oil.
- Sea cucumbers extracts are combined with legendary herbs to produce ointments effective for health and beauty that can be used on face, hands, feet, joints, muscles, scalp, hair, mouth, gum and sensitive areas.
- Topical application of sea cucumber ointment acts as sun protector, night cream and moisturizer for dry and cracking skin. The ointment helps in restoring a pleasant, soft and supple feeling to the skin.
- Scientists from various countries like China, Japan, Russia and United States are working on the extracts of sea cucumbers. According to them, sea cucumbers might prove to be useful in stopping the growth of cancer cells.
Tuesday, December 4, 2012
Namako, Sea Cucumer is available.
When I see namako, I feel it's end of the year.
This is just came ffrom Japan. It's very dirty. I use salt ansd rub on cutting board many times.
See, it's very cute and nice color.
We normally eat namako as sunomono, vinegar sauce. And we don't eat straight. We cut thin and small. It is very chewy and that's a problem.
But this creature is really good for your body. Don't chew, just swallow.Look at below.
Nutrition and Health Benefits of Eating Sea Cucumber