I always say to my customers, seaweed is natural vitamins and minerals. It is 100% natural and no side effect.
I know many Americans eat Seaweed salad. But we have more.
We give Hijiki Salad every night.I wrote it before.
And we have konbu, kelp. If you eat sushi rolls, you can eat Nori seaweed. We also eat seasoned Nori with steamed rice.
I think Japanese eat a lot of sea weed and kelp naturally.
You have to start to eat when you aer young. I think it is too late to eat after 40-50 years old.
I know many Japanese men lose their hair around 50 years old. But I don't see much 20-30 years old bold Japanese.
- Seaweed is loaded with beneficial nutrients, is low in saturated fats and is low in cholesterol. It contains vitamins A, C, E and K. Some of the more common minerals found in seaweed are niacin, phosphorus, calcium, iron, copper and magnesium.
- A few of the more common types of seaweed are hiziki, kombu, agar, arame and wakame. Hiziki is rich in calcium, while kombu seaweed is a great source of iron, calcium, potassium and vitamin C. Agar can be used to make seaweed salads and is high in iodine. Arame and wakame seaweed are loaded with nutrients, such as vitamins A and B, calcium, iodine and potassium; wakame also contains iron and phosphorous.
- The nutrients and amino acids found in seaweed help make your skin smooth and soft, reducing subtle wrinkles and lines. People who suffer with the skin condition rosacea find that the vitamin B nutrients in seaweed help to reduce the redness of their skin.
- A diet that includes a little seaweed promotes healthier hair. It provides the hair shafts and the scalp with the vitamins and minerals needed to strengthen the hair strands, giving your hair a lustrous and shiny look.
Weight Control Benefits
- Seaweed can help control body weight. Scientists Dr. Iain Brownlee and Professor Jeff Pearson from Newcastle University in Australia have found that the natural dietary fiber alginate, found in seaweed, stops the body's digestion of fat better than many weight loss products that are currently sold over-the-counter.