Monday, March 1, 2010

If you have Camry, need to be careful.



I went to Toyota dealer last week.
I was really surprised with this recall.
I have a 2007 Camry Hybrid. It was a good car and no problem. But this car was one of the recall models.
It took 90 minutes. I just drove home and saw how was it.
There are 2 pictures. The left one is from Tundra and the right one if from Camry.
You can see how ugly Camry's pedal. They did not install a new pedal. They just cut the bottom.
I was shocked and called a few friends. Then, I posted my Japanese blog. I showed the pictures to many friends. Everybody had same opinion. This is not the right way.
This is jut saving money way for Toyota. Toyota did not think of customer's feeling.
Akio Toyota said that he was very sorry for recall this time. But this was really bad. They needed to order the new designed pedal and install. We are not kids and fool.
I am preparing to write a letter to Toyota Motor USA in California.
I received a survey letter from Toyota dealer. I marked 0% of satisfaction.
I think they will contact me soon. I am very mad about this ugly pedal.

1 comment:

Ipad Mods said...

Toyota should have came forward with a full disclosure. Instead of waiting for a huge media blitz and tons of public pressure. I never seen so many car companies having recalls all at the same time. I had no idea my car was affected until I searched on http://www.carpedalrecall.com and found I had a bad Anti Lock control unit on my 2008 Pontiac G8 , So be careful