Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Miso Ramen













You can ask Japanese people. " Do you like ramen?" I think 100% of people say, YES.
Ramen in national food in Japan. Do I like it? Of course. I have dry ramen, frozen ramen at my home. I eat ramen at restaurant for my lunch. This is one of them. This is called miso ramen, miso broth ramen noodle. It is originally from China. And we arranged our way.
We have miso, soy sauce, salt and tonkotsu(pork bone).
Let's make miso ramen.
You can buy this ramen at Buford Hwy. Farmers Market. It is frozen and can use directly or defrost. Boil around 5 cups of water. And sauteed vegetables with butter. You can use bell pepper, onion, cabbage, bean sprouts. Add noodle when water is boiling. I think cooking time is 2 minutes. Take 1.5 cups of hot water and put in a deep bowl. Stir with concentrated soup. Strain noodle and put it in the bowl. Add vegetables. Ready to eat. Enjoy!!
We don't have ramen on the menu.
Hashiguchi Jr. has good tonkotsu ramen. Haru Ichiban has good soy sauce ramen.
And the best is Blue fin sushi in Duluth( Peachtree Industrial Blvd.) They have excellent miso ramen. The owner, Mr. Kawamura was used to work for a Chinese restaurant in Japan. He knows it. It takes a little bit long drive but worth it.

No comments: